The National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA) is an exciting personal challenge to young people between the ages of 13 and 30. It is a balanced program of activities design to equip youths with personal qualities and skills to make a difference to themselves, their communities and their world.
We strongly encourage students to sign up for the Gold Award as it can be easily accomplished in the 3 years of student life in SP. Furthermore, you have the freedom to partake in activities you enjoy while fulfilling the criteria for the various segments.
Join us at SP NAC (NYAA Ambassadors Club). We are a community of students working together to help the student body in accomplishing the NYAA Gold Award. email@example.com
Sections of the Award
Click here to find out more about the Operational Criteria.
Signing up for NYAA in SP
- Sign up today by downloading the form from this link
- Print it out and obtain your parent’s or guidance’s signature
- Hand in your registration form to the Department of Student Development and Alumni Relations (SA), NYAA Officer-in-Charge with a printed receipt after you have made a fund transfer of $17.00 to: 7171 – 098 – 000246 – 4 (NYAA DBS Bank A/C)
- Contact Wales Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org should you encounter problem registering or need assistance in the programme
- After signing up, please allow up to 1 month time and check on this link for your Registration Number issued by NYAA Council. Please search for your Registration number by search function ‘Ctrl+F,’ and key in the last 5 digit of your mobile number.
Benefits of completing the NYAA (Gold) Award while you are in SP
- Be awarded 6 Achievement Points
- Achievement of NYAA (Gold) shown on CCA Statement
- Activities that you have done can also receive CCA points
- If you join SA’s NYAA Ambassadors’ Club (NAC) actively:
- Achieve your NYAA (GOLD) together with a community of like-minded students
- Privilege to be mentored by senior students and officer from SA
- Receive the prestigious award from the President of the Republic of Singapore, joining a rare group of students who have had the privilege.
Completing the award as an SP student
An official report need to be submitted to NYAA Council after completing all 5 components of the NYAA Gold Award. Each component’s report needs to be submitted for vet by the NAC club officer after each component is completed.
The report template can be downloaded below:
An example of the schedule needed for the report can be downloaded below:
A sample of a completed report can be downloaded here.
After you have downloaded the form, in Microsoft Words, under the review tab, click show comments. It will show you more guidance in filling up the form:
Please watch the following video to help you write a better learning and reflection:
For additional help, please approach NYAA Ambassador Club (NAC) at email@example.com to help you complete your NYAA journey.