The National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA) is an exciting personal challenge to young people between the ages of 14 and 25. It is a balanced program of activities design to equip youths with personal qualities and skills to make a difference to themselves, their communities and their world.
There are 3 levels of the Award in which you can participate – Bronze, Silver and Gold, with each successive level requiring a greater level of commitment and determination. We strongly encourage SP students to take up NYAA Gold as it can be easily achieved in the 3 years of student life in SP.
The NYAA Program is a do-it-yourself kit for youth development allowing you to tailor the program to suit your own needs, interests and level of commitment. The program is divided into three levels which vary in difficulty and commitment. Within each level, you are required to complete various sections that will develop your physical, social and mental skills which will serve you well into your future.
Sections of the Award
Click here to find out more about the Operational Criteria.
Signing up for NYAA in SP
- Sign up today by downloading the form from this link
- Print it out and obtain your parent’s or guidance’s signature
- Hand in your registration form to the Department of Student Development and Alumni Relations (SA), NYAA Officer-in-Charge and pay $17 for registration fee
- Contact Mr Jacob at Jacob_HO@sp.edu.sg or 6870 6091 should you encounter problems registering or need assistance in the programme
- After signing up, please allow up to 1 month time and check on this link for your Registration Number issued by NYAA Council. Please search for your Registration number by search function ‘Ctrl+F,’ and key in the last 5 digit of your mobile number.
Benefits of the NYAA Scheme
- It encourages personal discovery and growth, self-reliance, perseverance, responsibility and service to community & nation
- CCA points
- A prestigious award given by the President of Singapore. This award is recognised by all participating countries such as Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Korea, New Zealand, and more.
Completing the award as an SP student
An official report need to be submitted to NYAA Council after completing all 5 components of the NYAA Gold Award. Each component’s report needs to be submitted for vet by the NAC club officer after each component is completed.
The report template can be downloaded below:
An example of the schedule needed for the report can be downloaded below:
A sample of a completed report can be downloaded here.
After you have downloaded the form, in Microsoft Words, under the review tab, click show comments. It will show you more guidance in filling up the form:
Please watch the following video to help you write a better learning and reflection:
For additional help, please approach NYAA Ambassador Club (NAC) at email@example.com, or NAC club officer, Mr Jacob, at Jacob_HO@sp.edu.sg or 6870 6091 to help you complete your NYAA journey.